Sunday, May 16, 2010

2. Examining Our Feelings About Money

We have to first know a thing,
in order to master a thing.


If we don't know how we feel about money,
it will likely continue to control us, rather
than us control it.


Most of us have deep-seated feelings about
money that date back to our childhood. These
feelings are powerful, and may be easily
understood...or very complicated.


Whether our conscious or subconscious
relationship with money is known, it
influences us.


If we are afraid of money, or confused by it,
or don't believe ourselves worthy of it,
then we will remain captive to it.


Even those of us who have next to nothing
are capable of making better and smarter
choices (as it relates to our own well-being)
with our money expenses. We must be open
to a critical eye of what we do with money,
and why.


Habits are a hard thing to break, but in order
to get from one place to another you have to
take a few steps.


*How do I feel about money?
*Do I resent it?
*Do I find myself worrying over it?

*Can I enjoy healthy spending without
compromising security?
*Do I have financial discipline?
*Am I interested in making changes in
order to succeed?

No comments:

Post a Comment